• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Crane- Grue grue (1 Viewer)

For about four hours today we've have formation after formation of cranes flying over on their migration north to Scandinavia/Russia.

Typically 35/40 in a well ordered 'V' formation which is broken up every couple of km while they regroup, circle higher, re-form and then move on their way. I'd guesstimate that we've seen 400+ so far.

Not sure where they'll overnight (Brenne?) as there's a couple of hours flying in them yet but hoping some late arrivlas might make the lac-du-cebron later.

Will be back along later with pics!

About 200 passed north-east over the centre of Paris yesterday around noon. Probably heading for a night stop at lac du Der in the Ardennes. Sadly I didn't see them as I can't even see the sky, let alone "flyovers", from my office!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back