• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji HS10 full set of sampe images (all ISOs) (1 Viewer)

ChrisKten

It's true, I quite like Pigeons
Just noticed this review (in Polish) of the HS10. There's a full range of images from ISO 100 - 6400. I don't know what others think, but this looks quite promising up to ISO 1600; maybe 3200 if you fill the frame and don't crop.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the full set of images.

Interesting as I walked to the Fujinon showroom/gallery today too and got to try the camera out again under better conditions than I did last week. They had it set up so you could shoot a scale model village. Lot's of mini people standing in windows and under covered porches so it was possible to get pics with shadow details to study. The memory card door was sealed so I could not use my SD card to save pics to analyze at home on my PC but I felt ISO1600 pics were also quite good on camera's LCD.

I still did not like the tiny EVF. I don't know how Panny FZ28/38 users manage it! My Canon SX1's is just so much larger and easier to see.

Rick

Interesting as I walked to the Fujinon showroom/gallery today too and got to try the camera out again under better conditions than I did last week. They had it set up so you could shoot a scale model village. Lot's of mini people standing in windows and under covered porches so it was possible to get pics with shadow details to study. The memory card door was sealed so I could not use my SD card to save pics to analyze at home on my PC but I felt ISO1600 pics were also quite good on camera's LCD.

I still did not like the tiny EVF. I don't know how Panny FZ28/38 users manage it! My Canon SX1's is just so much larger and easier to see.

Rick

Yeah, Rick, I'm hoping this might be an improvement at ISO800 and above. I'm still waiting for more info on the AF speed in low light and at full zoom.

As for the EVF on the FZ28, you get used to it; it feels uncomfortable to frame a shot at first, but you forget all about it after a few hundred shots.

agree, certainly looks promising indeed, i look forward to seeing more of what this camera can do.

Do you feel compelled to change from ur panasonic?

agree, certainly looks promising indeed, i look forward to seeing more of what this camera can do.

Do you feel compelled to change from ur panasonic?

No, not really, Michael, there's just a few times that I'd like to get a faster shutter speed, and in poor light that means ISO 1600. I'm fine with ISO 800, but I can't crop ISO 1600 images as there's too little detail.

Just noticed this review (in Polish) of the HS10. There's a full range of images from ISO 100 - 6400. I don't know what others think, but this looks quite promising up to ISO 1600; maybe 3200 if you fill the frame and don't crop.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the full set of images.

Looks very interesting Chris. I'd certainly like the extra zoom. And, as you say, higher shutter speeds would be nice at the extreme end of things. I look forward to seeing more of its capabilities. Have you read the review at dpreview:http://www.dpreview.com/news/1002/10020206fujifinepixhs10series.asp - it mentions about the shutter speeds at low light etc?
Thanks for posting the link,
Hobbes

Last edited:
Looks very interesting Chris. I'd certainly like the extra zoom. And, as you say, higher shutter speeds would be nice at the extreme end of things. I look forward to seeing more of its capabilities. Have you read the review at dpreview:http://www.dpreview.com/news/1002/10020206fujifinepixhs10series.asp - it mentions about the shutter speeds at low light etc?
Thanks for posting the link,
Hobbes

I couldnt find a review with dp link only the press release?

Is it just me or does not the HS10 seem to be less noisy then other superzooms? If i compare to my FZ18 the HS10 seem to handle iso 800+ way better then my panny does.

Is it just me or does not the HS10 seem to be less noisy then other superzooms? If i compare to my FZ18 the HS10 seem to handle iso 800+ way better then my panny does.

On the photos i've seen and i've seen loads now as i've been searching them out,m it looks like the HS10 has excellent high ISo, low light capabilities.

The pics i've seen with ISO1600 are not much worse than ISO400 with my current camera , the Canon SX10is.

Added to that RAW , and RAW+jpg or jpg only output and more zoom and wider angle .

Just in case anyone is interested in buying it or having a trial with it, it is todays special value on QVC shopping channel for today only 13th March.

The great thing about QVC you can use it for up to 30 days and if not happy with it send it back and you get your money back with no quibble [minus the p&p] If you are not a member just ring up the freephone number or do it online, they will take details off you and you pay by either credit or debit card...there is the easypay option where they will take out just the first months payment and p&p and they following payments will be taken out over the next 2 months.

Here is a link to it on QVC...there is the tv/video demonstration available on this on the link. But if you want it don't leave it because once they sell out that is it...[nb they are stating the added things which you are not getting from others is the sdhc card, the case and the carcharger.
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a...|metadrill,html?cm_re=Promos-_-TSV-_-P:563208

Last edited:
Cool! The video presentation sales pitch worked its magic on me. That giraffe pic was impressive. If I lived in the UK I'd be on phone straight away! The HS10 is supposed to be in Tokyo stores for ~44,000 yen this weekend so 374GBP seems like a good value too.

Last edited:
We have actually ordered one this morning and will see how it goes [is supposed to be for me] but I have a feeling that Ian might be taking it out with him.

NB They have sold out of original stock but they are taking advanced orders for ones that will be delivered from 3rd May..nb they do not take money until it is sent.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back