• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

KL city birding? (1 Viewer)

gandytron

I'm off to KL later this week for a few days - can anybody tell me if there is any city birding to be had whilst I'm there?

We are staying in Midvalley.

Thanks

Dave

Gandytron

I don't know how interesting it will be for you, but there's a decent and very central forest park at Bukit Nanas, easily accessible from the monorail (Bukit Nanas station, perhaps unsurprisingly) and topped off by the KL Menara. There were also birds at the Lake Gardens. I'm sure someone will be able to give you better info than this but our trip report with some of the (for us) more interesting birds is here ...

http://www.avengerpenguins.com/malaysia09.html

Gandytron

I don't know how interesting it will be for you, but there's a decent and very central forest park at Bukit Nanas, easily accessible from the monorail (Bukit Nanas station, perhaps unsurprisingly) and topped off by the KL Menara. There were also birds at the Lake Gardens. I'm sure someone will be able to give you better info than this but our trip report with some of the (for us) more interesting birds is here ...

http://www.avengerpenguins.com/malaysia09.html

Thanks Panda!

Will perhaps make time to check those areas out whilst here.

Best

Dave

Chris - sadly not - my time in KL was heavily bound up with work - best things I saw where the nigh herons from the hotel window!

Hanno - thanks for the info you gave me, sad that I didn't have time to use it!

Damn. Work can be like that.

Only a few days for me now before three weeks in SEA with lots of time for wildlife, volcanic ash permitting.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back