• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BV 8x25 BRW, also extremely disappointing (1 Viewer)

Howard220

I expected, for Eagle's sale price of $119, that these would be better than my $60 Nikon 8x25 Sportstars. They are not -- they're worse. I expected phase-corrected prisms to mean increased contrast and sharpness, and in this case they don't. The image is quite soft. Also, they have very little "depth of focus," meaning re-focusing is required to see a bird or other object right behind or in front of the point at which they were previously set. I'm sending them right back.

Howard

I think it was Casey Stengel who said of the hapless NY Mets he was managing, "Can't anyone here play this game??"

Along the same line, can't anyone make a decent binocular without us having to spend a fortune? I'm exaggerating, of course, as there are some very acceptable relatively inexpensive porros, but apparently when it comes to roofs, fuggedaboudit. I've tried some in the $300 range and it's like, "Oh please...."

Someday maybe I'll get to try the Zen-Rays that everyone's going gaga over. Then maybe I'll get to say, "Yes, they can."

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back