• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Caterpillar ID please (1 Viewer)

Lucy

I found this caterpillar yesterday on a dry grass stalk, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Can anyone ID it?

Thanks,

Nolie

Attachments

• 040514_002 rs 200 180 13 .37 F+1 .37.jpg
    040514_002 rs 200 180 13 .37 F+1 .37.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 145
Lucy said:
I found this caterpillar yesterday on a dry grass stalk, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Can anyone ID it?

Thanks,

Nolie

Hello Lucy,
Sorry I can't help you it looks like nothing I have seen here in the U/K, so I can't even point you in the general direction.

Harry Eales.

Hi Lucy and on behalf of the staff here at Bird Forum, a very warm welcome to you.

Not sure about the I.D. of your caterpillar at all but I am sure one of our resident experts will have a name for it before too long. Glad you found us.

Thanks, John, but I don't think that's it. Arctia has long hairs all over. This moth has short hairs in discrete individual tufts.

Lucy

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back