• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice Lumix FZ35, Orion Apex 90mm (1 Viewer)

Hello Everyone, got a few questions and maybe some info that you may need.

I love Astronomy, and Wildlife.
So I got this camera Panasonic Luimix DMC-FZ35. And I'm wanting to get close to this Red Tailed Hawk, but I can't. So I'm looking at getting this telescope.
Orion Apex 90mm instead of the one I wanted the 127mm.
The 90mm comes with a mini eq mount. I have been into astronomy on/off over the years, and have experince with several scopes, 130eq,8" reflector, 10"dob. But no experince with Maksutov-Cassegrains.

So I enquired a little on Astronomy.net

and found out they make a nice little adapter for my camera.
Here is the site. I hope this may help some of you that may be in need of adapters as well.
http://www.telescopeadapters.com/digikits.htm

Does anyone here have a Orion Apex 90mm? If so how does it perform for Wildlife spotting, and photography?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back