• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Owls and birds of Prey around Hightown (1 Viewer)

ejanestephens

Hi. I've come to live in Hightown (between Crosby and Formby) and I like to find owls and birds of prey. Possibly saw a short eared owl over the farmland by the Red Squirrel restaurant tonight. But just the one!

Any advice on best places to view them would be welcome. As specific as possible would be great.

Thanks, Jane.

Marshside RSPB usually has a good mixture of raptors, particularly come winter, ditto for Martin Mere WWT.

Hi. I've come to live in Hightown (between Crosby and Formby) and I like to find owls and birds of prey. Possibly saw a short eared owl over the farmland by the Red Squirrel restaurant tonight. But just the one!

Any advice on best places to view them would be welcome. As specific as possible would be great.

Thanks, Jane.

Hi ejane , I'm sure that Hightown , particularly along the coast by Altcar ,will produce its fair share of owls but it might be worth investigating Plex Moss , which runs between Ainsdale and Halsall . Turn right at the traffic lights at the end of the Formby bypass just past Woodvale and into Plex Moss Lane . I haven't been myself yet but apparently a number of owls hunt over that area.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back