• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Squacco Heron (1 Viewer)

Miguel, I don't want you to think that no one is adding this to the database, but there is already a Squacco Heron in the database. Had you checked and did not find it?

Squacco Heron.

<KCFOGGIN wrote>

"There is already a photo of a Squacco Heron in the Database."

So what!
Does this mean that only one picture of each species is allowed?

Does it mean that inferior pictures of certain birds cannot be replaced by superior ones?

Does it mean that people wishing to contribute photos have to check the entire contents of the database before they decide whether or not they should submit a photo?

The mind boggles. The photo submitted by Miguel is a brilliant shot, showing all the salient features of a bird in its full breeding glory and is worthy of inclusion on any forum.

Thank you very much John for your kind words.I totaly agreee with you. I had a wonderful time in Doñana.Beautiful place.

John Butler said:
<KCFOGGIN wrote>

"There is already a photo of a Squacco Heron in the Database."

So what!
Does this mean that only one picture of each species is allowed?

Does it mean that inferior pictures of certain birds cannot be replaced by superior ones?

Does it mean that people wishing to contribute photos have to check the entire contents of the database before they decide whether or not they should submit a photo?

The mind boggles. The photo submitted by Miguel is a brilliant shot, showing all the salient features of a bird in its full breeding glory and is worthy of inclusion on any forum.

Agree with all of the above and had already seen this fine photo. The only thing for it is to upload it also into the regular gallery making sure that it is duly identified as to common name and latin name so that it will result through the search for more images link. It is not written in stone that the image uploaded from the available images at the time of first linking to the Database have to stay there permanently if and when better images become available. I may rotate some of them myself if I can find a little extra time later on this summer to do so.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back