• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

eagle-eye lens and svarovski (1 Viewer)

LagoVivo

eagle-eye eyepiece and svarovski

Hello,

I am interested in the eagleeye digiscoping eyepiece.
I already have a svarovski ats 80hd and a 30x eyepiece.

Does it work well?
I did not find the magnification of this eyepiece, do you have any idea?
Do you have any video/photo of a such device ?

Thanks,

Nathan

Last edited:
Hello Nathan,

I use one of these with the same model scope. It gives 12x magnification. My main use is for videoscoping with a Sony PC330E camcorder which has a 10x zoom. With this combination I can obtain a useful zoom range of between 25-100x without vignetting. Results are very good if used with a sturdy tripod to reduce wind vibration and camera shake.

The eyepiece can also be used for digiscoping with an SLR but is not recommended as the weight of the SLR can cause it to fall off the scope if the eyepiece has not been fitted correctly as the bayonet fitting is not very positive.

Click on the link below to access more information. When the website opens click on "Digiscoping and Birding", then "Digiscoping Products" and scroll down until you find the eyepiece:

http://www.eagleeyeuk.com/erol2eu/erol.html

If I can be of any further help please let me know.

Best wishes,

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back