• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bat for ID (Bulgaria: Rodopi Mountains) (1 Viewer)

balkantrek

I would be grateful if someone could give me an ID for this bat. The photo was taken in July 2008 in the roof of my house in the Bulgarian Rodopi Mountains. That summer I saw 2 bats hanging in the roof, then in the summer of 2009 there were about 10 bats. This year the numbers have increased dramatically to 50+ and it appears it is a breeding colony as there were several bats hanging with young attached.

Attachments

• Bat in Roof.jpg
    Bat in Roof.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 78
Nice pic it's difficult to guess the size but it looks like Lesser Horseshoe bat Rhinolophus hipposideros.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back