• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon D70, 2.8D lens and Tele. combination (1 Viewer)

raggetty

I intend to purchase the new Nikon D70, and NIKKOR ED AF-I 300mm 2.8D LENS, I wish to use teleconverters with this combination, a 1.4x and a 2x, but which teleconverters will still give me AF, TC-14B or TC-14E ?

Hi ragetty,

I'm not sure if you will have received an official "heelo" yet, so I'll do it here. On behalf of all the Moderators and Admin Staff let me welcome you to BirdForum.

Unfortunately, I don't have the requisite skill or knowledge to help you with your question, but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you out.

:t:

The TC-14E is what you want. It will work with your 300mm. f2.8 AF-I, although it will not work with less expensive Nikon and Nikon-compatible AF lenses.

The older TC-14b is a non-AF teleconverter, and since it lacks electrical contacts it would prevent your D70 from providing exposure information, as well.

Another option is the Kenko Teleplus Pro 1.4x teleconverter, which is much cheaper than the Nikon and almost as good.

Thanks for the info. much appreciated, the Nikon site is a bit misleading and looks like the Tc-14E would not work with the older lens compared to the newer 'S' range, Nikon have sent emails saying that the E version will AF with the older lens, which contradicts their chart !

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back