• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please Help! (1 Viewer)

Secret Twitcher

Hi,

I visited Cuba (Varadero) in June 2008 and although very much into my birds, I stupidly failed to record exactly what I had seen as I was then only interested in listing my British and Irish sightings. I have now come to compiling my sightings from my travels and am struggling to piece together exactly what I saw in Cuba.

I wondered if anyone knew of any websites which gave a list of all the common species most regularly seen in Cuba? After a bit of searching, I can't really find much other than field guides which I don't really want to buy.

Although I know it will be nearly impossible to list all the species I saw, a list of all the common species you would expect to find in Varadero & surrounding islands in June would be a fantastic start.

For example, I rememebr seeing a pair of plover on an island beach off Varadero but can't decide if they were Kentish or Wilson's. Knowing what is more likely would really help. On the same island we had a small dove nesting in our sun shade. So frustrating being able to remember the birds but not put a name to them!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back