• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eagle Owls Bowland Forest (1 Viewer)

Yashca

Hello everyone, I don't usually frequent this part of the forum, but I recently found out that Eagle Owls have been nesting in the Forest of Bowland for the past few years. I wish I'd known about it sooner, as Eagle Owls are one of those species that I would love to see, and was wondering if there was info on whether there are any pairs nesting or preparing to nest or whatever so far this year.

Has anyone here seen Eagle Owls in the past?

There's a lenghty thread covering the whole subject in the Birds of Prey Forum if memory serves. Searching 'Eagle Owls Bowland' should hopefully point you to it.

Eagle Owls have been nesting in the Bowland area since 2007 at Dunsop Bridge . In May 2007 they raised 3 chicks and were attacking dog-walkers and other people along the adjacent footpath causing much consternation . The site is not a secret...in fact if you Google " Dunsop Bridge Eagle Owls " you will see a listing that says " Feathers fly over UK Eagle Owls " . It's an article dated 18th April 2011 ( today ) from the World Owl Trust that will tell you everything you need to know .

Cheers for the heads-up about the othert thread Jaff -i did try searching before I posted this but failed miserably.

COLG: I have read that article before, it is a few years old. Unfortunately the date when you visit is always 'todays' date.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back