• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shoulder-bag recommendations? (1 Viewer)

dogfish

I'm after a small to medium-sized shoulder bag for birding, fairly slim, enough space for smallish flask/water bottle, food and other bits and pieces. One or two small zipped compartments would be good.
Anyone got a good one? Any of the Crumpler series suitable?

Thanks in advance,
Sean

Clas Olsen do a good waterproof one for £5.99 ( sold as a fishing bag ). Two side pockets, a front one and a net compartment on the back that's just right for notebooks etc.

Chris

keep your eye on aldi's special offers,

they do a fishing bag which is spot on for many things, it's water proof and also has a solid bottom which helps protect things,

think it usually sells for round a tenner. i'd expect them to come on sale again shortly as we're approaching the fishing season

I would be inclined to look at "country" type retailers that sell fishing bags.
John Norris of Penrith have a good on line selection to suite all pockets- just "Google" John Norris.

I'm after a small to medium-sized shoulder bag for birding, fairly slim, enough space for smallish flask/water bottle, food and other bits and pieces. One or two small zipped compartments would be good.
Anyone got a good one? Any of the Crumpler series suitable?

Thanks in advance,
Sean

Try the Maxpedition Fatboy range from www.heinnie.com - not cheap but very tough and well made-I have had one for ages plus you can add extra pouches for flasks etc

Also worth while looking in at your local army surplus store. I got a cracking little bumbag affair that has 2 x 400mL bottles and a pouch that can carry apples/chocolate bars etc. All for less than a fiver. This has proved a god send in the recent warm weather.
I use a Country Innovation waistcoat which has a multitude of pockets to hold spare sd cards, batteries, notebooks etc.

Just bought a North Coast Fisherman's Bag (nice soft canvas, over the shoulder style, 2 zip pockets) at M&S, £25. Not the cheapest option, but more or less what I was after

S

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back