• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Coconuts (1 Viewer)

Henry B

We,ve put out a fresh coconut ,cut in two, to try on our feeders but they [birds] have not shown much interest, except for a look and a quick peck then go to one of the other feeders. any advice would be appreciated. maybe i should have asked first.

elgin5050.fsnet said:
We,ve put out a fresh coconut ,cut in two, to try on our feeders but they [birds] have not shown much interest, except for a look and a quick peck then go to one of the other feeders. any advice would be appreciated. maybe i should have asked first.

Henry - I tried this a couple of years ago, and it was not appreciated at all.

When I was a child (many years ago) my mother would put one out, and it was very popular, as were bacon rinds hung on a string. I wonder if our birds scorn these now they get sunflower hearts, black sunflower seed and all the other things that are sold by today's bird food suppliers?

We used to use them in Winter for the Tits but I have never tried them at this time of the year. Cetainly the sheels are god for filling with suet mixes!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back