• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need an 8x32 SE Dimension, Please (1 Viewer)

tlb

I was hoping to place an order today for a field case/bag for my 8x32 SE's. I have found a Lowepro bag that might work but the dimensions are very tight.

I am at work and don't have access to the binoculars and I need to confirm their width. I'm somewhat hesitant to assume that the 7.2 inches as specified is at maximum interpupilary distance.

If it is not too much trouble, could someone provide a measured maximum width?

Many thanks,

Tony

tlb said:
I was hoping to place an order today for a field case/bag for my 8x32 SE's. I have found a Lowepro bag that might work but the dimensions are very tight.

I am at work and don't have access to the binoculars and I need to confirm their width. I'm somewhat hesitant to assume that the 7.2 inches as specified is at maximum interpupilary distance.

If it is not too much trouble, could someone provide a measured maximum width?

Many thanks,

Tony

I just measured the SE 8X32 for you.
The 7.2 measurement is correct at the widest possible opening.

Which case are you looking at?

John Traynor said:
I just measured the SE 8X32 for you.
The 7.2 measurement is correct at the widest possible opening.

Which case are you looking at?

Thanks very much, John.

I'm looking at the Lowepro Linx 40. Its internal dimensions are too small by a tenth of an inch in the vertical direction and two tenths in width. I'm not too worried about the vertical direction, the top cover can easily give to acommodate an extra tenth. So, if the 7.2 inches is the fully extended width, as you have confirmed, I'll just close them down a bit and it should fit.

There is a Linx 80 that has lots of room but I'd rather stay with the smallest size that works.

I have a number of Lowepro bags and have been well satified with all of them. I did have one problem with a big backpack that I use for my camera gear when I need to take a long, fast lens. I took the backpack to the dealer from whom I had bought it and Lowepro had a brand new replacement bag back in my hands faster than I thought possible.

If you are interested, I'll let you know how the SE's fit in the Linx 40.

Thanks again for your help.

Tony

tlb said:
Thanks very much, John.

I'm looking at the Lowepro Linx 40. Its internal dimensions are too small by a tenth of an inch in the vertical direction and two tenths in width. I'm not too worried about the vertical direction, the top cover can easily give to acommodate an extra tenth. So, if the 7.2 inches is the fully extended width, as you have confirmed, I'll just close them down a bit and it should fit.

There is a Linx 80 that has lots of room but I'd rather stay with the smallest size that works.

I have a number of Lowepro bags and have been well satified with all of them. I did have one problem with a big backpack that I use for my camera gear when I need to take a long, fast lens. I took the backpack to the dealer from whom I had bought it and Lowepro had a brand new replacement bag back in my hands faster than I thought possible.

If you are interested, I'll let you know how the SE's fit in the Linx 40.

Thanks again for your help.

Tony

Tony,

My wife and I use a London Fog case for our SE's and it works very well! It is also very well made.
I posted a review at: http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=20066

Good Luck!

John

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back