• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sea eagles more bad press (1 Viewer)

He was between the exit and the panicking bird I bet all it wanted was out of the enclosed space of the shed it had gotton its self in to.......and the man of god wants to kill them all now. He should fix the holes or get a padlock and forget vengance eh !!

An unfortunate incident and unpleasant for the individual involved (and his geese!).

However, if the following part of the story is true, then he has to share some of the blame himself:

[RSPB spokesman] added: "We visited Mr Farquharson's property in 2008 following a previous incident and paid for the installation of heavy nylon netting affixed to fence posts driven into the ground so that the poultry pen and all of the birds were safe from predation.

"When we visited again on Friday it was apparent that these measures were no longer present."

I also think he is wrong to say that the birds were released without consulting the Scottish people - I'm fairly sure there was a public consultation for the East coast project.

He is a very lucky chappy i mean it could have carried him away .
NOW WATCH OUT FOR THE PICHFORK'S AND TORCH BRIGADE

Horrific attack............I think NOT...............unfortunate attack yes , how many people gat attacked by dogs like this on a daily basis...yet when its a BOP..its the end of the world. this attack is probably the first i have ever read about on a human from a bird yet again....the SE gets all the blaim.

The bird does not know whether these birds were prized or not it just wants food just like a shark in the sea...they do not know any better.....poor reverend..should think himself lucky he was not carried of to the nest...along with his pet cat , dog , and all the children who live close bye...............

Horrific attack............I think NOT...............unfortunate attack yes , how many people gat attacked by dogs like this on a daily basis...yet when its a BOP..its the end of the world.

As much as i think this article is just mainly the press typically trying to over dramatise things as usual I've got to dissagree with you on both those points. It may well have been unfortunate but that doesnt stop it from being horrific for the person involved and i think one of the only sensible points in the article is the fact that the general public reaction would be worse had it have been a Dog rather than a BOP.

He was between the exit and the panicking bird I bet all it wanted was out of the enclosed space of the shed it had gotton its self in to.......and the man of god wants to kill them all now. He should fix the holes or get a padlock and forget vengance eh !!

In fairness to the man, at no point did he actually call for any Scottish Sea Eagles to be killed.

Fair play to the Scottish NFU too for an unexpectedly measured media response.

Fair points John B. A bit of an asumption on my part. Still think he is a dick for femoving his protective fencing. He has no one to blame but him self!!

what happened to the Sea Eagle, he said he pinned it down??

If he had properly protected his birds the Sea Eagle wouldn't have got it unless it carried wirecutters. This is completely his own fault

what happened to the Sea Eagle, he said he pinned it down??

If he had properly protected his birds the Sea Eagle wouldn't have got it unless it carried wirecutters. This is completely his own fault

i couldnt agree with you anymore cartman;)B :)

I hope I have read this right. Unless the Buzzards in Scotland are bigger than those we have in Japan the man who said that they attack people is very silly, and we have Stellers Sea Eagles and White-tailed Eagles on my parents farm in the winter and neither of them carried me off as a small child ( it was one of my fantasies though ). What is it about birds of prey that makes people say such silly things?

It does sound rather unlikely, though it adds a new dimension to the usual plea to get out there and feed the birds with your children.;)

Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back