• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Clever Twist on the Classic Bean Bag (1 Viewer)

Jaff

Registered Member
Tried searching to see if there was any existing threads on this but it doesn't seem like it, which is surprising as it appears to have been released last year although I've certainly not heard of it so I thought others with big lenses might like to check it out if they too don't know of it and hopefully there is someone on BF that might actually have one willing to give us first-hand testimony. Google hits showed a number of reviews that were all very complimentary.

It is the Apex Bean Bag http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-apex-bean-bag/p1522623 A very good idea I say.

Basically the perfect tool for car usage and any hides that have sufficiently sized windows, which ain't many here in the UK but as you can use it as a straightforward bean bag as well it's a very well rounded product. Quite expensive as bean bags go, not exactly breaking the bank though. Yet when it comes to those who have the money and don't do half-measures with their equipment then surely as the name suggests, this is the apex of bean bags. One slight downside is that it is possibly heavy when fully filled, depending of course on what you fill it with but someone stated on one site that it took just over 10kg of rice to completely fill it and even the guy who wrote that said in retrospect he'd have chosen something else like birdseed. So filling it with something should require a little bit of careful thought otherwise walking long distances with it will be tiring, I certainly wouldn't go out with a bean bag that weighed 10 flippin' kilos!

So there we are. It's good to see there are people out there willing to make truly innovative products for the discerning photographer. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back