• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pectoral Sandpiper Kendal (1 Viewer)

birdermoose

birder
Any news on the Pectoral sandpiper in Kendal? Rba today.
I would like some info on this as I am going to stay in Kendal soon and a Pec sand would be along awaited lifer for me.
Thanks

Not exactly in Kendal, a juv was seen in flooded fields south west of Kendal in the Lyth Valley.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=54.272392,-2.799411&spn=0.012029,0.041156&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=6

There have been the odd few pecs about this year but this one doesn't sound like a long stayer.

Thanks for information.
Not sure if you would like to contribute to this website[birdsincumbria.blogspot.com]
We are trying to get sightings in South Cumbria better publiscised.
Anything of interest would be most welcome.

Any news on the Pectoral sandpiper in Kendal? Rba today.
I would like some info on this as I am going to stay in Kendal soon and a Pec sand would be along awaited lifer for me.
Thanks

There this morning. My report to birds in South Cumbria

Saw it twice!
First in the flooded field to right of minor road running north at Lord's Plain[with 127 Lapwing].
The Lapwings took off with the Sandpiper.
Had a hunch it might relocate to the flooded field to the left of the minor road running west to the A5074 from Brigsteer[just past the barn].
Indeed it had gone there with the other Lapwing.
There was a Swallow at Helsington Barrow along with over 100 Fieldfare,25,Redwing,4 Bullfinch,10 Greenfinch,4 Nutach and 2 Ravens.
The Lyth Valley was full of Fieldfare and some Redwing.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back