• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Christmas 2011 in Venezuela (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Let us say for the sake of argument that we could go to Venezuela for 1½ week or so over Christmas. What should we see at that time of the year? (birds and other nature things taking the prime importance). And how safe and easy a travel country is Venezuela at this point?

thanks
Niels

Hi Niels
Appears you are having the same problems as me in trying to get info on Venezuela. I posted months ago and not one reply!
I am going next March (flight booked) and am currently making (slow) progress with the owner of a lodge with respect to putting some sort of itinerary together.Most lodges Ive emailed havn't even replied.
It doesn't appear to be a country very geared up for travellers though I do believe its well worth doing.
Have you looked at ''Birding Venezuela'' by Mary Lou Goodwin - very useful for sites/species/etc
If you make the trip would be interested to hear how you got on
Jeff

Thanks Jeff,
for some private reasons we have put off Venezuela until later -- we are now planning for the easier to do visit to S Texas for this Christmas. Shame because there is a direct flight from here to Caracas at the moment ...

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back