• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello & Help! (1 Viewer)

Johnny1

Hi everyone, I've been coming into this site for about a week now I even posted a pic. However the last 2 days I couldn't get into the site at all untill today when I found everything back to normal except I can't get into the picture gallery. If one of you kind people could just let me know if it's a problem with the site or a problem at my end? Thanks.

Hi Johnny1

I understand from a thread elsewhere, that Steve (and Ollie?) have been doing to mods on the site, which unfortunately meant the site went down.

I believe they are currently working on the Gallery and it is unvailable (well at least I can't get in either.)

Steve has left a note on the Forum to say that he will warn about future downtime for mods.

Last edited:
Thanks Birdman, with being new to this site I wasn't sure if it was me doing something wrong or not, thanks for your prompt reply I'll try getting in later.

I know, I was in a panic! Amazing really!
I got other people to check to see if they could get to the forum and even sent a panic mail to Andy. Just shows you how "hooked"one gets on a good thing

Bird Forum withdrawal symptons

A doctor writes..............

All you good people are suffering from withdrawal symptoms. These can be quite severe. Having no BF for a couple of days is like trying to give up smoking. You simply can't get it out of your mind. Lucky, there is a solution. Green Fields has already invented the famous BF patch, which you stick on your computer as wallpaper for those moments when you can't get online. Actually, we're hoping this won't happen once the move to the new server has been completed. Bu for those in desperate need, PM Green Fields for a fix.

This site is deffinately addictive... this is my 3rd visit today and the sooner they get the Gallery up and running again the better, I gotta make sure I find time for birding tho!

I'm so relieved I'm not the only one who suffered these withdrawal symptoms - I too have been trying to get into the gallery only to be hit with ' Warning - access denied' notices! Good to know the reason why - I thought it was me! After all that - welcome Johnny 1, I'm sure you will enjoy interacting with this great bunch of birders.

Yes, same for me too.
I'm really new to birding but have always had an intrest in wildlife of all types. You probably all think this is nothing amazing but I saw my first long tailed tit's yesterday (all nine of them). Fantastic.

Steve I can still remember seeing my first Long Tailed Tit when I was about 12, also Snow Buntings visiting the garden but not being able to identify them for years as the bird book I looked in only showed the male in breeding plumage.

Long Tailed Tits are some of my favourite birds. So delicate is their colouring, so fragile looking. You can hear them coming along the hedgerows, in large twittering groups, in search of insects.
I got a picture of one of them on the birdcake log. Taken through double glazing.
I am trying to fix myself a good hide.........not easy.

Attachments

• longtailed-tit-on-log.jpg
    longtailed-tit-on-log.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 226
Welcome Johnny One and Steve Nova good to see you both here...thin be up and running before you know it.

Paula thats an excellent shot of the LTT, whenever I try to photograph a bird through our double glazed windows I have to try and get the bird directly straight ahead, if my scopes at an angle to the windows I get reflections or a fuzzy picture. Good luck with building your hide...I prefer to sit in the warmth and take my chances with the reflections,lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back