• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

Motmot

Eduardo Amengual
Hi everyone. I live in Monteverde and birdwatching is my passion. Any questions you might have about this country and its birds do not hesitate and ask. Saludos

Welome

Hi Motmot and welcome to the forum. You're from an area that I have never visited so hopefully we can all share in each others birding experiences and interests. I'm sure that you will have a lot to offer from such a diferent background to us :)

Hi Motmot

Welcome to the bird forum. Just like IanF, you are from a part of the world I know nothing about and would be very interested to hear of your sightings whether out in the field or in your garden/backyard or whatever you call it in Costa Rica. Hope you enjoy the site.

burhinus

Hello, Motmot! I would be interested in learning from you what natural foods the Neotropicals eat at their winter home in Costa Rica.

The Baltimore Orioles are one of my favorite birds and every Spring, when they return to my area of the USA for nesting season, I try to put out foods that will attract them.

The usual foods to feed Baltimore Orioles when in my area are fresh orange halves and grape jelly. And, of course, the insects that these foods attract. Orioles will also drink from sugar water nectar feeders here.

If you could tell us what the Orioles eat when in Costa Rica, I could try putting out some of that, too, and maybe they will feel right at home here and move on in to nest.

Neotropical food

Hi Gail and everyone else reading this. I have seen Baltimore Orioles many times here while feeding. They eat lots of nectar, becoming very aggresive at blooming trees. They eat also lots of fruit (figs, papaya, oranges,bananas etc) and insects.
Saludos

Hello Motmot,

Welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to reading your posts from a great part of the world.

Best wishes

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back