• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Directions to birding sites (1 Viewer)

Ams-newbie

Hi

Could anyone give me directions to get to Bishop's Pool and Zakaki marshes in Akrotiri? I know how to get to Akrotiri but once I there I don't know how to find these 2 locations. They crop up a lot on the net as good places to find birds but I'm struggling to find out hot to get to them.

Thanks
Ams

Hi Ams and a warm welcome to you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators.

Bishop's Pool and Zakaki are mentioned on this Opus article for Akrotiri Salt Lake, which may be of some help to you.

D

Hi

Could anyone give me directions to get to Bishop's Pool and Zakaki marshes in Akrotiri? I know how to get to Akrotiri but once I there I don't know how to find these 2 locations. They crop up a lot on the net as good places to find birds but I'm struggling to find out hot to get to them.

Thanks
Ams

When I was there last week the gate at the start of the track to Bishops pool was locked on Sunday 22nd. It was open several days before and after this,so don't know if it's normal for it to be closed on Sundays.

Pete.

When I was there last week the gate at the start of the track to Bishops pool was locked on Sunday 22nd. It was open several days before and after this,so don't know if it's normal for it to be closed on Sundays.

Pete.

For interest, I was there last week (mid/end August) and the Bishop's pool gate was locked mid-week.

For other's looking for directions to various sites around Akrotiri, I found Dave Gosney's "Finding birds in Southern Cyprus" excellent. With respect, the directions in the Opus article are very general.

For interest, I was there last week (mid/end August) and the Bishop's pool gate was locked mid-week.

For other's looking for directions to various sites around Akrotiri, I found Dave Gosney's "Finding birds in Southern Cyprus" excellent. With respect, the directions in the Opus article are very general.

Can you help by improving the directions then please Kev?

Hi

Thanks
Ams

You may also find the Birdlife Cyprus website helpful - it has a booklet on birding sites that you can download: http://www.birdlifecyprus.org/images/Pdf_files/wheretowatchbirds.pdf

Nick

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back