• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Companion to share costs in Australia (1 Viewer)

protectpenguins

I've just registered with birdforum to see if I can find a keen birdwatcher or nature lover to share travel costs. The single supplement can sometimes be quite a burden. In the last few years I have been on birdwatching/nature trips to Arnhem Land, the Faroes, Greenland, a Kimberley Coast cruise, a cruise to Svalbard, and several week-long private walking trips in Tasmania. On the commercial trips I travelled alone, and it would have been nice to have had a friend to share the adventures as well as the costs.

I am planning to go birdwatching in November this year, O'Reilly's 34th Bird Week, set in Lamington National Park (Southern Queensland). And in July I'm off to Three Hummock Island for a few days, but that really isn't a bird watching trip, more an island trip, though I do hope to see lots of birds.

I live in Tasmania. I am probably most interested in birding in Australia, but am open to overseas locations as long as the cost is reasonable.

So, if you think you wouldn't mind sharing accommodation costs with a female birder/bushwalker in her sixties, and if you think you can keep up with me (I'm the sort who puts her hand up for every outing on offer during a trip), then please gmail me at protectpenguins so we can exchange stories and plans and dreams.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back