• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding with Bill Oddie (1 Viewer)

Benjismum

One for Euan!

BBC2 - Sunday 26th Sept 11.40am

The PR stuff says it is a practical guide to watching and learning about birds, aimed both at beginners and at people wanting to learn more.

florall said:
Oh great. Someone at the BBC schedulers has got it very wrong, on at the same time as Countryfile.

Oops. No they haven't. Just remembered there isn't going to be a Countryfile next Sunday, because of the Great North Run.

I imagine this programme is going to be a repeat - I would think that anything new with Bill Oddie in would go out in the evening. Whatever it is, it will be very welcome.

It doesn't say this is a repeat on the BBC website:

Wild
Sun 26 Sep, 11:40 am - 12:10 pm 30mins

Birding With Bill Oddie. Shetland:

This series is a practical guide to watching and learning about birds, aimed both at beginners and at people who want to learn more.

A trip to Shetland is every birder's dream. In June, the sun never seems to set, and Bill strides out in search of rare breeding birds, scarce migrants, and spectacular cliffs cluttered with tens of thousands of noisy seabirds.

B****R, always wanted to watch these series as I never had the opportunitie and now that they are on the telly I will not be in the UK to watch it. :C

never seen it before so I'll have to set the video. I'm hoping to be connecting with a cirl bunting at that time!!

It's not only on on Sunday either. On Monday its on BBC2 at 2pm (visiting an East Anglian farm) and on Wednesday at 1pm on BBC2 (Radipole Lake, Dorset).

florall said:
It's not only on on Sunday either. On Monday its on BBC2 at 2pm (visiting an East Anglian farm) and on Wednesday at 1pm on BBC2 (Radipole Lake, Dorset).

Woo Hoo! Time to set the video methinks. o:)

repeat or not, bill oddie is still worth watching! better than watching soaps etc! does anyone think bill reads bird forum? i bet he does!

Well currently online are 77 members and 227 guests. OK, a lot of the guests are always search engine spiders, but even so... Anyway, he could even be contributing under a nomme de guerre, though I'd be surprised. ;)

Don't give up hope!!!

Our tennis stars are getting stuffed by that 'great' tennis nation Austria.

With a bit of luck they won't have any tennis to show and Bill Oddie will be reinstated.

We can only hope....

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back