• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Potteric Carr (1 Viewer)

birdman

Орнитол&
I had a small window of opportunity (Saturday 25th 0815-1015) to try to finally succeed in my Great Bittern Chase – which has been going, on and off, for about 8 years now. The weather started very overcast with drizzle, but improved to clear and sunny with a strong but mild breeze.

Well I won't bore you with the minutiae – so straight to the list.

Magpie
Mute Swan
Coot
Gadwall
Tufted Duck
Black Headed Gull
Mallard
Moorhen
Teal
Pochard
Shelduck
Blackbird
Lapwing
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Cormorant
Robin
Chaffinch

Flock of Buntings
Skylark singing

And, (oh yes!) Bittern

Well congratulations on your success in seeing the Bittern!!! I think that is wonderful. I can almost hear you smiling..
the rest of the list is quite nice too.
We have magpies here and I dearly love them... wonderful birds.

Thankyou all for your congratulations, I will now have to see how much headway I can make in my wish-list elsewhere on the Forum.

Andrew, I can find out the GR for you, but it's a easy a pie to find with directions. Coming north up either the A1 or the M1 take the M18 Eastbound and come off at Junction 3. (The M1 merges into the M18, whilst the A1 joins at M18 Jct. 2).

Then head towards Doncaster, but when you reach the first roundabout, follow the Potteric Car Nature Reserve sign.
Another 100 yards and you're there!

You will need a permit! (Check my "Potteric Carr" posting in News and Views.)

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back