• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 10X25 LX any online Dealers (1 Viewer)

Texbaz

I have searched the forums, and found that the Nikon Venturer LX (compact)
offer some good features over the competition for the price range.
(in particular the 10x25)
I also see that Leica is coming out with a Ultavid model but it lacks in Eye relief. For my pocket Bino's I'm currently using some Leupold 9X25A, I purchased in 1992. They are very nice if you are looking at non-distance changing object. They are of the pre-focus style with a very large depth of field but not good for bird watching.

So, I have been looking at these nikons But find all kind of strange prices on-line and I don't know if they are authorized Nikon or not. Any good on-line price and dealer recommendations.

The Leica Trinovid 10X25BCA's look nice I just have questions about the diopter adjustment is it click or friction and will stay put when adjusted I have know Idea how the Nikon diopter adjusts the pictures don't show.
Also, some of the descriptions on the Leica's say they are now better weather proofed don't know what that means.

The Nikons if they can be had for about 300-350 seem to be a good deal is this a realistic price.

If the Ulravids are a big seller think Leica will try and drop the price of their Trinovid 8X20's or 10X25's

Thanks
Mike

B :)

Texbaz said:
I have searched the forums, and found that the Nikon Venturer LX (compact)
offer some good features over the competition for the price range.
(in particular the 10x25)
I also see that Leica is coming out with a Ultavid model but it lacks in Eye relief. For my pocket Bino's I'm currently using some Leupold 9X25A, I purchased in 1992. They are very nice if you are looking at non-distance changing object. They are of the pre-focus style with a very large depth of field but not good for bird watching.

So, I have been looking at these nikons But find all kind of strange prices on-line and I don't know if they are authorized Nikon or not. Any good on-line price and dealer recommendations.

The Leica Trinovid 10X25BCA's look nice I just have questions about the diopter adjustment is it click or friction and will stay put when adjusted I have know Idea how the Nikon diopter adjusts the pictures don't show.
Also, some of the descriptions on the Leica's say they are now better weather proofed don't know what that means.

The Nikons if they can be had for about 300-350 seem to be a good deal is this a realistic price.

If the Ulravids are a big seller think Leica will try and drop the price of their Trinovid 8X20's or 10X25's

Thanks
Mike

B :)

Anacortes and Eagle Optics give good service and good advice. Adorama hasn't been long on advice but they usually have good prices.

There are a several good, larger roof prism binoculars in the $300 to $400 price range. They may be easier to use than the 10x25.

Rich

Last edited:
Rich N

Thanks for the Reply, but I'm not looking for Larger roof prism binoculars in the 300-400 price range. I was looking for something that could replace My Leupold 9X25a they very small, pocket style. I really don't have a problem with holding larger Mag binocs such as 10 power but as I get older,that could be an issue.

I'll give Eagle optics a call Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back