PDA

View Full Version : First Snow Goose of the Season!

bosquebirds
Sunday 3rd October 2004, 20:29
I'm happy to report that the first snow goose of the winter season has arrived at Bosque del Apache. We didn't see it yesterday afternoon, so it may just have flown in overnight. I also heard a rumor of a sandhill crane being spotted during the week, so fall is offically here. A few hummers were tsipping in the trees, but I'm sure the last of them will be gone in days.
Ingrid

bob parsons
Monday 4th October 2004, 06:11
I'm happy to report that the first snow goose of the winter season has arrived at Bosque del Apache. We didn't see it yesterday afternoon, so it may just have flown in overnight. I also heard a rumor of a sandhill crane being spotted during the week, so fall is offically here. A few hummers were tsipping in the trees, but I'm sure the last of them will be gone in days.
Ingrid

We have not seen too many snow geese in Central Alberta yet so your sighting is pretty good. Many cranes passed thro a few weeks ago BOB

pdog1
Monday 4th October 2004, 22:36
I have seen Snow Geese at Jamaica Bay as early as September this year.
How come?
They usually don't show up there until at least mid-October.

samuel walker
Sunday 24th October 2004, 00:08
Thanks Ingrid that snow goose report gives me an advanced warning that Ohio will be recieving its strays soon on western L Erie.
Sam