• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sharing Guide Costs at New Year (1 Viewer)

MLH77

I'm intending to look at hiring a guide for a day or two between December 29th and January 12th to do a spot of guiding in the Yacatán area of Mexico - if anyone is interested in splitting costs, then please get in touch - or if anyone knows of a guide, I'd be grateful to hear about that too (I have been in touch with Luis Ku already).

I will be based in a hotel north of Playa Del Carmen area.

Equally, anyone with any up to date sightings, please feel free to post them here ;)

Luis Ku is a good guide but expeansive, Here are a few that I have used in the past:

Isla Cozumel
Rafael Chacon
[email protected]
987 112 9791
This guy knows where to find the Cozumel vireo.

Sian Kaan/Tulum
Migual Amar Uribe
Mexico Kan Tours
984 106 7606
[email protected]

Ri Lagartos
Deigo Nunez
Rio Lagartos Adventures
986 862 0452
[email protected]
www.riolagartosnaturetours.com
This guy is both a guide and a tour boat operator, take a tour of the lagoon and the guide is included. Many other tours but the operators dont know the birds. He can also do land tours in the area.

Thanks very much for this information. I will contact them too. Luis seems to be highly regarded but is very expensive!

MLH77 -

I have experience with Diego Nunez out of Rio Largarto and would recommend him. Five years ago, he was very reasonably priced and went out of his way to make our trip productive and enjoyable. Positive attitude and English speaking (a plus for us Yanks).

Wish I could join you!

Steve

Thanks for this info. Might be useful when I visit Cancun. Can you give me an idea how much Diego Nunez' rate? Thanks.

Luis Ku is a good guide but expeansive, Here are a few that I have used in the past:

Isla Cozumel
Rafael Chacon
[email protected]
987 112 9791
This guy knows where to find the Cozumel vireo.

Sian Kaan/Tulum
Migual Amar Uribe
Mexico Kan Tours
984 106 7606
[email protected]

Ri Lagartos
Deigo Nunez
Rio Lagartos Adventures
986 862 0452
[email protected]
www.riolagartosnaturetours.com
This guy is both a guide and a tour boat operator, take a tour of the lagoon and the guide is included. Many other tours but the operators dont know the birds. He can also do land tours in the area.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back