• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kis Balaton (1 Viewer)

Earnest lad

Dear birders
I been to Kis balaton once briefly and wanna go again.
I found out one cant just walk round the reserve, but need guided tour.

If I go again I wanna find out more info in advance. I find very little info about this particular place online esp in English.

does anyone please have trip reports about kis balaton or other web links

thank you

There are 2 parts, with a road and dyke in between. One area is an enormous reedbed, and the other is a reservoir. There are viewing towers you can use on Kanyavari Island. One part is out of bounds.
You will also find that there is a ringing camp near Fenekpuszta, which is on road 71. You can drive close and walk along some dykes and see good birds.
Best
David

kis balaton

Dear David
Thank you for your kind reply

I went to Kanyivari Island but it was disappointing few birds on view albeit it was high summer not the best time. All I saw was squacco heron.
do you know any good areas to view the birds available to public.
what species can be seen please
Ian

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back