• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi to everyone (1 Viewer)

I didn't do this before because I'm bad at public speaking :eat:. Been birdwatching since early high school, can't say when that was, but I remember when the Strawberry Alarmclock rleased "Incense and Peppermints". Still in Japan after retiring from Navy and enjoying the variety of birds here. Originally from NW Washington, hoping to return in a couple of years.
VERY informative and good group of people, from what little I've seen so far.
Recently bought 4500 and hope to soon start digiscoping, if I can figure out which scope.
Sorry to ramble on like this. :bounce:

Hi Rob in Japan,

Very big Welcome to the Bird Forum.

I think we have one other member currently residing in Japan.

Looking forward to your posts and reports from the Far East.

Hi Rob,

Welcome to Bird Forum :t:

Don't worry about the dealy in introducing yourself, there are quite a few members who haven't gotten round to it yet. It's good to hear of another member from Japan. I hope that you enjoy the site and I look forward to hearing about your slant on birding.

See you around.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, TonyK, that is a (Surprise!) Japanese White-eye. Pretty common in the lowlands in the winter, as are other various tits and other chick-a-dee like birds.
I'd post a pic or two IF they were recognizable. Hand-held binoculars and the digicam are a difficult combination.

Hello from BC/Canada.... good to have you here Rob... looking forward to hearing about the birds in your world.

Hi Rob and welcome to Bird forum. I plan to be in Japan to visit family April 19 to May 11 during which time we hope to make a one week camping trip probably from the Osaka area to Kyusha and Nagasaki. Are you at all familiar with that area and if so are there any birding spots along the way you can recommend? Is there an English language guide book on birds of Japan that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Doomo arigato gozaimasu,
Marysan

Welcome to the forum Rob. I was interested to see that you have white-eyes; we also have them, and they look very similar from what I can see. Look forward to your pictures once you get the hang of it!

Welcome to the Forum, Rob.

Ah, 'Strawberry Alarm Clock' - now you're talking! Hope to see the fruits of your digiscoping exploits on the Forum soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back