• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

GJ Huisman (1 Viewer)

Steve Lomas

I have been contacted by a GJ Huisman from the Netherlands asking to use some of my photographs in a book he is writing about estrildian and vidudae finches. Has anyone had dealing or come across this individual before?

Thanking you in advance and info appreciated.

Hi Steve, I found his name for you on a Dutch Aviary forum, where he has posted the same question. He seems to genuine in his wish to write a book and claims he has already received quite a few photographs. The reactions on the forum were mixed. Some promised him pictures and others hesitated about sending their precious pics to someone, who would then make money with them, after getting them for free. But, like I said, he sounded very genuine in his plan to write such a book, although it seems very doubtful he, or you, will be able to make a profit from it.
Hope this helps a little
Peter

Peter, I got the impression he was genuine and have released some of my photos for use in his book (I dont expect to make any money). Thank you for your help.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back