• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding trips in school holidays (1 Viewer)

Rich Bonser

Hi all
I try to get away on foreign birding trips as much as possible - be it week trips within Europe and the Western Palearctic, or further afield. The main issue I have these days is my mates going at times I can't, as I'm a teacher and confined to school holidays.

Therefore if there's anyone else out there who is in the same predicament (presumably teachers), and is keen to do the odd foreign trip, then please get in touch. It's always good to have a pool of people who are in the same situation. I'm more than happy to do the logistics etc.

Cheers
Rich
http://rothandb.blogspot.co.uk/

Hi all
I try to get away on foreign birding trips as much as possible - be it week trips within Europe and the Western Palearctic, or further afield. The main issue I have these days is my mates going at times I can't, as I'm a teacher and confined to school holidays.

Therefore if there's anyone else out there who is in the same predicament (presumably teachers), and is keen to do the odd foreign trip, then please get in touch. It's always good to have a pool of people who are in the same situation. I'm more than happy to do the logistics etc.

Cheers
Rich
http://rothandb.blogspot.co.uk/

I've often thought there should be a teacher's bird club: long holidays, but when no-one else wants to travel, and mid-week twitches during term time a no-no, unless do-able after work.

I'm rather tied up this year, but could be on for it in future years.

You're right Richard, I was being too unkind! Given the way education is going these days, I ought to be nicer to those still at the 'whiteboardface'! I will consider myself duly reprimanded.

I once worked with an excellent Science teacher whose spelling was dreadful. I think I had to return something like 25 out of 30 reports she had written as she'd spelt so many words wrong. Mind you, my spelling - never as strong as I'd like - tended to go awry faced with 100 reports to write and a deadline to meet. Like WP I also find typos a nightmare.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back