• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Puglia (1 Viewer)

tschibis

Hello, I will go for vacation to Italy this month, near Brindisi in Puglia. Has anyone an idea where there are good birding sites and maybe some advise for literature, books and posts?? Thank you
Best Regards,
Bert, Berlin, Germany

Hello Bert,
I suggest you visit the Natural Park "Saline Punta della Contessa", located in the near Brindisi.

Of course you will need to visit the Natural Reserve "Le Cesine", near Lecce.

I suggest you contact Cristiano Liuzzi, director of the reserve: [email protected]

Finally, if you have time, I suggest you spend a day in the Alta Murgia National Park, near the towns of Ruvo di Puglia and Minervino Murge, where you can see thousands of Lesser Kestrels, , Lesser Grey Shrike, Woodchat Shrike and much more.

See you soon!

Egidio

Thank you very much

Dear Egidio, Thank you very much! Regards, Bert.;)

Hello Bert,
I suggest you visit the Natural Park "Saline Punta della Contessa", located in the near Brindisi.

Of course you will need to visit the Natural Reserve "Le Cesine", near Lecce.

I suggest you contact Cristiano Liuzzi, director of the reserve: [email protected]

Finally, if you have time, I suggest you spend a day in the Alta Murgia National Park, near the towns of Ruvo di Puglia and Minervino Murge, where you can see thousands of Lesser Kestrels, , Lesser Grey Shrike, Woodchat Shrike and much more.

See you soon!

Egidio

We stayed on the coast of Puglia a while back, lots of marshland, lovely little bays.Got lots of pictures of egrets, oyster catchers etc, didn't catch one of a storm petrel though as I gather they're pretty rare around there.
I don't know where you'll be based, we stayed in a villa as it ended up being cheaper than a hotel, this kind of thing http://www.cottagestocastles.com/puglia-region.aspx and Brindisi itself is lovely, the port and the castle are well worth a look.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back