• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tuscany (1 Viewer)

Gabriel

Hello,

One week from now I will go to Tuscany and even if it is not a birding trip I may get some opportunities for birding anyway. We will stay south of Siena between Monte Amiata and Roccalbegna.

Does anyone know if there is a chance to see Lanners in the area, and in the Roccalbegna/Bosco Rocconi area in particular? If so, any information that will increase my chances is appreciated (I have tried to email people mentioned in earlier threads but mail adresses does not seem to work).

Furthermore, if there are any good spots for Rock Partridge nearby it would also be interesting.

Thanks
Gabriel

Gabriel, what a shame, I usually check this thread, but this must have escaped me, possibly because you wrote it while I was away with a wobbly internet connection. From the look of it you were very close to us and maybe we could have helped, even though July is probably the single worst month for birding here.
I hope you got to see at least a few interesting species!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back