• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Charter to Antarctica, South Georgia and Falklands (1 Viewer)

stew61

Hi,

My name is Stewart McPherson.

I am trying to organise a private charter of a steel hulled yacht to visit the Antarctic Peninsula, Deception Island, Elephant Island, South Georgia and the Falklands from February 19th to March 18th 2014 as a birding / wildlife / photography trip.

Would anyone be interested in coming? I am looking for three adventurous but sensible birders / nature-enthusiasts to make the trip viable.

Please email me on [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks

Stew

Any idea of possible costs or is this one of those, "if you need to ask the price you can't afford it", things?

What's the latest position re Argentina recently not allowing vessels to visit the Falklands/Malvinas from Argentinian ports? Did it only apply to large cruise ships?

Last edited:
What's the latest position re Argentina recently not allowing vessels to visit the Falklands/Malvinas from Argentinian ports? Did it only apply to large cruise ships?

Richard,

All types of vessels including large cruise vessels like Star Princess are still calling into the Falkland Islands before and after visiting Argentina. Lots of yachts also come over, they are sometimes given a lot of grief by the Argies but they are used to it now.

Not sure about the other place you mentioned..... ;)

Cheers

Alan

All types of vessels including large cruise vessels like Star Princess are still calling into the Falkland Islands before and after visiting Argentina. Lots of yachts also come over, they are sometimes given a lot of grief by the Argies but they are used to it now.
Not sure about the other place you mentioned..... ;)
That's good to know, Alan. Sadly, I doubt we could ever afford another visit, but two days definitely wasn't enough for such a fantastic wildlife destination.

Hi Everyone,

It would be a pleasure to send you all the information and details if you are interested in coming.

Could you email me at stewart 'AT' mcpherson.net please and I'll forward you the plans.

Thanks so much

Stewart

Hi,

My name is Stewart McPherson.

I am trying to organise a private charter of a steel hulled yacht to visit the Antarctic Peninsula, Deception Island, Elephant Island, South Georgia and the Falklands from February 19th to March 18th 2014 as a birding / wildlife / photography trip.

Would anyone be interested in coming? I am looking for three adventurous but sensible birders / nature-enthusiasts to make the trip viable.

Please email me on [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks

Stew

Hi Stew,

nice to see you're still working on those British oversea territories. Did you get to BIOT?

Let us know when you're next in Poole, best of luck with the charter.

Ian

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back