• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whittington, Stourbridge. (1 Viewer)

Pam_m

I enjoyed a fairly productive walk in the Whittington area yesterday morning (14th) a Common Redstart pair being the stars of the walk, other highlight birds seen today were a charm of Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Yellowhammer, Blue and Great Tit, Green Woodpecker, Kestrel, Buzzard x4, Sparrowhawk and a Red-legged Partridge with a chick and numerous Swifts, Swallows and House Martins hawking the fields! Butterfly species seen were Small White, Peacock and Meadow Brown.

Attachments

• P1120686 [].JPG
    P1120686 [].JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 69
  • P1120689 [].JPG
    P1120689 [].JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 74
  • P1120713 [].JPG
    P1120713 [].JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 62
  • P1120719 [].JPG
    P1120719 [].JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 79
There is a reasonable range of habitats around that area including the sewage treatment beds down the 'holloway' - the Redstarts were an excellent find:eek!:

A mate of mine put several nestboxes at the top end of Bunkers Wood 3/4 years ago and that attracted a couple of pairs of breeding Redstarts for a couple of seasons altho i do'nt know if they are still being used...

Laurie:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back