• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Resort hotel? (1 Viewer)

Digbert Doobrey

Thinking of a holiday to the Algarve next September. Would want to combine a relaxing holiday with some good birding spots close by. Can anyone recommend a hotel that fits the bill. I haven't done much research yet but Quinta do largo looks a great area to stay. Ideally would love to stay at a hotel that has great birding on the doorstep or even from the hotel balcony!

September its a must to stay in Sagres - see: http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=266202

A lovely small and reasonably priced hotel in Sagres with a cracking view, great rstaurants close, own path down to a beach and great autumn birding on the doorstep is Mareta View: http://www.maretaview.com/hotel-overview.html

If you prefer watered lawns, rows of planted palms and golf courses then google algarve hotels - there are billions of places - Sagres peninsula is a wild and gorgeous wilderness

Thank you for your replies. Both those destinations seem great for an all out birding holiday. However, and I probably didn't explain myself properly, what I'm looking for is somewhere between the Faro and Albufeira area. My better half, although she loves wildlife in general is not a birder so I am looking for a Thomson or Thomas Cook package style job. I could probably hire a car for a day or two to do one of the hotspots. I just wondered if anyone here had been to a resort hotel and had good birding closeby?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back