• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Guide at Keoladeo NP, Rajasthan (1 Viewer)

cranefan

I just wanted to leave a note to recommend the guide I had yesterday at Keoladeo National Park at Bharatpur. His name is Charan Singh, and while his English isn't great, he was absolutely brilliant at finding birds, and really friendly to boot. He told me I was welcome to pay as I saw fit, and I would have given him much more had I had any more cash on me.

After a very successful previous day finding birds on my own, I wasn't sure there was much else to see, but he tracked down Sarus Crane, Dusky Eagle-Owl, Indian Stone-Curlew, Black-necked Stork, Grey Bushchat and even a Black Bittern which was hidden deep within bushes I would have walked past without a second glance.

So anyone thinking of heading to Bharatpur, his number is 8824709957.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back