• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trip report (1 Viewer)

bobf

hi all,

Here's a link to my report of a 17 day trip to CR for specific targets birds. Some great birds, like Umbrellabird, Keel-billed Mot-mot, Rufous-necked Wood-rail, Great-green Macaw, Thicket Antpitta. But we left some for another trip.

http://www.cloudbirders.com/tripreport/repository/FRENCH_Costa_Rica_0102_2014.pdf

Thanks, Pat, for your advice and comments. A little surprising to me was that, in over two weeks in prime time and in prime locations, we encountered plenty of photographers and "ecotours" but just two other serious bird watchers.

Bob

Glad to hear that you connected with some major targets. Yes, interesting about meeting so few serious birders. I also run into far more photographers and general ecotourists as well.

A little surprising to me was that, in over two weeks in prime time and in prime locations, we encountered plenty of photographers and "ecotours" but just two other serious bird watchers.

Bob

Costa Rica, bless it, has a TON of room for such a small place. Last time we visited, we spent a week, moved around a bit (Lago Arenal, Poas Volcano Lodge, Santa Rosa N.P.) - and didn't meet a single other bird-watcher.

After "cutting me teeth" as a beginner in this activity in places like Point Pelee, I find this to be quite a relief.

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back