• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sites around Kidderminster and Bewdley (1 Viewer)

Ghostly Vision

Hi all

What a great day in this area today. Visited the Wyre Forest and Blackstone, and had the following:

Nine species of finch, including a singing male Brambling and three pairs of Crossbill

Three species of warbler, including my first Willow warbler of the year - a singing male in the garden!!

Three species of Woodpecker, including a drumming male Lesser spotted showing very close at one point (please don't ask for specifics!)

Two pairs of Mandarin, one pair displaying to each other, close range and absolutely stunning!

Three Goosander, inc one male

My first Swallow of the year

A nice pair of Kingfishers shooting up and down the river and showing very well.

Not a bad morning out!!!

Sean

Today on the Severn around Blackstone, 7 Goosander and three lovely pairs of Mandarin. Phonescoped picture attached.

Another, or the same Swallow over.

Sean

Attachments

• mandarin-060414.jpg
    mandarin-060414.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 116
Some pics from this morning.

At least one 2-barred still in the Wyre Forest, though almost impossible to see - in fact I saw a flock fly in to a tree where they just disappeared, then a male was gently trumpeting above my head, so I knew he was in there even though I couldn't see him.

Tree pipit at the same place, my first for the year.

Attachments

• chiffchaff-wyre-1-080414.jpg
    chiffchaff-wyre-1-080414.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 152
  • chiffchaff-wyre-2-080414.jpg
    chiffchaff-wyre-2-080414.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 109
  • collared-dove-kidd-080414.jpg
    collared-dove-kidd-080414.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 105
  • kestrel-mobbed-by-jackdaw-w.jpg
    kestrel-mobbed-by-jackdaw-w.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 141
  • mandarin-m-severn-080414-fl.jpg
    mandarin-m-severn-080414-fl.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 127
Great!!!

Hi all

What a great day in this area today. Visited the Wyre Forest and Blackstone, and had the following:

Nine species of finch, including a singing male Brambling and three pairs of Crossbill

Three species of warbler, including my first Willow warbler of the year - a singing male in the garden!!

Three species of Woodpecker, including a drumming male Lesser spotted showing very close at one point (please don't ask for specifics!)

Two pairs of Mandarin, one pair displaying to each other, close range and absolutely stunning!

Three Goosander, inc one male

My first Swallow of the year

A nice pair of Kingfishers shooting up and down the river and showing very well.

Not a bad morning out!!!

Sean

Great reports!!!!!!! I visited Wyre Forest and thought it was brill!!!!

The Lesser Spotted nest seems to have become known to some birders.

The male and female were seen both out of the nest yesterday - an indication they may not be breeding?

The local bailiff reports birders or photographers going very close to the hole.

PLEASE if you know the site can you stay back, and watch quietly to give the birds a chance.

And please do not tell anyone, to help prevent disturbance. Once you tell someone you cannot guarantee who will get to find out, and eventually someone who is irresponsible gets to find out.

PLEASE.

Thanks

Sean

some pics from around trimpley this morning

1&2: marsh tit
3: mandarin pair
4: goosander

Attachments

• marshtit1.JPG
    marshtit1.JPG
    450.8 KB · Views: 109
  • marshtit2.JPG
    marshtit2.JPG
    438.3 KB · Views: 108
  • mandarin.JPG
    mandarin.JPG
    481.8 KB · Views: 96
  • goosander.JPG
    goosander.JPG
    345.3 KB · Views: 107
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back