• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Accessories for CP4500 (1 Viewer)

RoyS

Right - I have bought my CP4500 and am very pleased with it but a bit of reading around the site tells me I am going to need several accessories. http://www.birdforum.net/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=293#
Winking

[Edit: How do I make the Smiley work?]

Are these still the recommended set or should I be looking somewhere else?:

- LCD sunshade and viewer with fixing bracket, from Eagle Eye
- shutter release cable and arm, from Eagle Eye?
- power pack from Maplin's??

Thanks in advance - Roy

Last edited:
:eek!: :eek!:

Simon - thanks. I thought it might be the Suffolk air, but clearly not! ;)

Roy (this is addictive)

Yes,Roy,if you are digiscoping the accessories you mentioned are the basic ones needed,apart for a spare card,maybe.If you do not find a battery pack,just carry a couple of spares.

RoyS said:
Right - I have bought my CP4500 and am very pleased with it but a bit of reading around the site tells me I am going to need several accessories. http://www.birdforum.net/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=293#....

................... Are these still the recommended set or should I be looking somewhere else?:

- LCD sunshade and viewer with fixing bracket, from Eagle Eye
- shutter release cable and arm, from Eagle Eye?
- power pack from Maplin's??

Thanks in advance - Roy
That's about it.

I use the Photosolve sunshade www.photosolve.com which is the same as the EagleEye only cheaper despite ordered from the States - though I don't use the Wing Bracket, I just use velcro to hold it in place.

I do use the eagleEye Generic Shutter Release Bracket and cable. Jessops do oen too but I found the plastic connectors on it wear out very quickly.The Wing Bracket is very good but a bit pricey.

I don't use a power pack, just a couple of batteries. I have three altogether though I find the CP4500 is pretty good for power consumption. I seldom use more than one spare battery. Spare batteries are much less cumbersome than using a power pack, espeically when moving between several locations.

I'd recommend the full digiscoping outfit from Eagle Eye - with the exception of the image locator - site thingymabob!

I'm biased of course, and it ain't the cheapest route (approx £140 give or take).

It fits together well.

Steve

I can recomend the Eagle Eye kit. I've used the Wing bracket with the wing bracket version of the sunshade/2x viewer and the cable release arm very succesfully.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back