• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Well look what's moved in to my bluebird boxes (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
What am I going to do, evict them? Nah, I'll just go get another 2 bluebird boxes and hope for the best.

Attachments

• Dscn0015.jpg
    Dscn0015.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 204
Awwww.... how could you ever say no to these little cuties, huh, KC?? We'd ALL just go get another house and let them have that one! :)

Hi Tammie. They've taken over the two I have put up so I'm hoping there aren't too many more of these guys looking for digs.

KCFoggin said:
What am I going to do, evict them? Nah, I'll just go get another 2 bluebird boxes and hope for the best.
Ha! Same thing happened to a bluebird house at my parents house when I ws younger. The chickadee is fun to watch too, so its not so bad. You got the right idea...just get more boxes.

This guy looks like a MONSTER(size-wise, of course). I always thought chickadees perfered smaller holes than those you would find in a bluebird box. ??? Oh well, I guess you can't tell a chickadee what its preferences are.
Can't really complain, right? Gotta love the chickadees!!

Elizabeth

I had chickadees move into my nest box last year. They built a nice base of moss, but then they abondoned it and it sat empty for the rest of the season. I was a little dissapointed. Hope yours stick around.

Scott

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back