• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Battery holders (1 Viewer)

harry eales

Ancient Entomologist
One of the problems encountered when going out for a days (or several days) digital photography is the problem of carrying spare charged batteries.

Since taking up digital photography myself, I soon found out that none of my local photography shops carried a battery case, for holding spare charged batteries, so, like many other photographers I put my charged batteries into the original card and plastic pack they came in, and held it together with a couple of elastic bands, not a very satisfactory method of storage.

Recently I came across this site on Ebay. The company is called SafeCaseUK

I ordered one of the items that they sell i.e. An eight section AA battery case
at a cost of £3.75. inc postage. At that price I honestly wasn't expecting much. However, when it was delivered, I was so delighted with it, I immediately ordered another.

The case measures 75x110x22mm. It appeared to be made of a high impact Polythene and carries 8 AA batteries in individual sections so there is no chance of the batteries touching each other. The case is held closed by two strong latches. The weight of the empty case is mere 3oz. The case is certainly damp and showerproof, which is handy, but I wouldn't recommend dropping it in water. The battery holding inset is yellow in colour and the lid clear, so if it is accidentally dropped in herbage it can be easily seen and recovered.

This company supplies a small range of battery cases, smart media card cases etc., and can be seen at :- www.stugra.plus.com.

I have no personal connection with this company neither am I on a sales commission (I wish) I'm just a very pleased customer.

If you have a problem in carrying charged batteries, or need a good smart media card carrier this site is well worth a visit.

Harry

Last edited:
alan_rymer said:
The rrp of this is alittle more than yours, it would add up with postage, but not if you were ordering something else too!.
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=98970

Hello Alan,
I appreciate your alternative URL's and the prices offered, I was simply trying to help out those who have a battery storage problem, by pointing people to site where they could get a good quality battery case at a very reasonable price. I realise that there could be alternative products available, but all I can say is that the product I recommended is very good value for money. It is also very simple to order, via Paypal, Credit or Debit card. I didn't have to move from my computer in order to obtain the items I ordered.

Harry

Harry

You're right the kit you pointed out is good value for money. Battery holders are a good idea. I know that in the past I have lost one of my set of 4 spare AA's I always carry. And 3 out of 4 AA's is no good when the ones in the camera expire!. I was just posting a link to the ones I had bought Green and Blue, the orange ones weren't discounted!.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back