• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

WEEKLY TV DIARY 21st - 27th MARCH (1 Viewer)

A CHAPLIN

* Stands for repeat programme
T Stands for Subtitled programme
Video Plus+ Nos. now included Thank you Andrew for the suggestion

Sorry folks not much this week so I have taken the liberty of padding it out a bit with one or two programmes I thought may strike a chord with certain older male viewers.
Any lady members that would like their heart throbs included (as long as they are involved in natural history programmes) please advise me by PM.
I do notice some programmes during the day for younger viewers but am not sure if they would be of interest to our young members. If any young members would like to see any programmes included PLEASE let me know, this is your diary too. I want to encourage more younger members, you are our future.

Monday 2lst
T * BBC29 - 10.00 pm Around the World in 80 Treasurers - India - Sri Lanka

Tuesday 22nd
T* BBC1 2.05 - 2.55 am Sign Zone Natural World - Killer Ants
T* BBC1 3.25 - 4.25 am Sign Zone Ellen MacArthur taking on the World

Wednesday 23rd
T* Channel 4 5.10 - 5.30 am Disaster - Toxic Clouds
T BBC2 7.30 - 8.00 pm Rough Science - Beneath the Waves - Scientists build an underwater breathing Device for Kate Humble to test their wits and ingenuity against the Indian Ocean filmed off the tropical island of Zanzibar. Ms Humble obviously survived as she is part of the Britain in Spring team.
T Channel 5 7.15 - 8.00 pm Big Cat Predators:Jungle Jaguar
T* Channel 5 8.00 - 9.00 pm Avalanche Alert

Thursday 24th
T* BBC1 2.15 - 2.55 am Sign Zone: Grown Up Gappers - Shiraz Cooper Corporate High Flyer feels there is something missing in his life and goes to South America for 4 months to find out What it is.
T* BBC1 7.00 - 7.30 pm Wildlife on One - Techno Wolf - Raising wolves and releasing them into the wild
T* BBC2 8.00 - 8.30 pm Journeys to the Bottom of the Sea - Priceless Cargo looking for a Fortune in Gold
T BBC2 9.50 - 10.30 pm Grown Up Gappers Paul Edmunds from Airport
Management to backpacking across Africa for 4 months - drug dens and fleshpots of the dark continent. Spectacular, emotional and a funny journey he got more than he bargained for
T Channel 4 9.00 - 11.10 pm The Search for the North West Passage - Following the attempts of British Explorer Sir John Franklin & Norwegian Roald Amundsen

Friday 25th
T* Channel 3 2.45 - 3.50 pm - Deadly Crocodile Rescues with Steve Irwin

AND THE ONE WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR I HOPE
T BBC2 7.00 - 8.00 pm Springwatch with Bill Oddie - I am not giving any info. keep you in suspense but it will be good. If you miss it it is repeated on Sunday, so no excuses people

Saturday 26th
T* BBC2 7.20 - 8.20 pm Around the World in 80 Treasures India to Sri Lanka repeated from Monday 21st
T* Channel 4 7.10 - 8.10 pm Nick Middleton Surviving Extremes - Sand
T* Channel 4 8.10 - 9.10 pm Nick Middleton Surviving Extremes - The World’s most extreme swamps

Sunday 27th BST Don’t forget those clocks
T BBC2 4.30 - 5.00 pm The Next Big Thing - Voyage to the Bottom of the Deep Deep Sea. A look at the unusual and exotic life that can be found at the bottom of the sea
T BBC2 5.00 - 5.30 am Ever Wondered - Kate Humble explores the geology behind Iceland’s Blue Lagoon
T BBC1 11.40 - 12.40 pm Country File - John Craven and Ben Fogle in the North Yorkshire town of Whitby investigating the Legend of Dracula Charlotte Smith is in the Isle of Lewis reporting on plans for a massive wind farm
T BBC2 5.30 - 6.30 pm Springwatch with Bill Oddie Told you it was repeated no excuses please for missing this one
T BBC1 6.35 - 7.35 pm Tsunami - Anatomy of a Disaster
T BBC1 8.00 - 9.00 pm A Three part documentary The Queens Castle, behind the scenes at Windsor Castle - The Banquet. Sorry no apologies for this one I am a patriotic Royalist and proud of the fact
*T BBC2 8.00 - 9.00 pm Ray Mears Bushcraft - African Camp

Last edited by a moderator:
Cruickshank for me again this week and the Toxic Clouds thing sounds intriguing. The Northwest Passage programme is deffo for me.

Got an excuse for missing Oddie, will be birding in Scotland!

Andrew said:
Cruickshank for me again this week and the Toxic Clouds thing sounds intriguing. The Northwest Passage programme is deffo for me.

Got an excuse for missing Oddie, will be birding in Scotland!

Sorry Andrew,

No excuses allowed, ask someone to video it for you. After all when you come down from the clouds after your Scotland trip you will want to know what you have missed and surely you don't want to have a gap in that Bill Oddie collection of tapes.

Ann

This is great Ann, thanks.

Especially can't wait for Springwatch on Friday.

Don't know what you mean about Natural History heart-throbs though ;)

Gosh,thanks ,Ann ,you have been busy.Very useful info,thanks again.
The only thing is,Ann,whilst we are watching all this,when do we find time to be birding and partaking on BF,we need a 72 hr day!!LOL.

Christine,

It is a pleasure to do it for you all. As you say there are not enough hours in the day but you don't have to watch all the programmes, that is not compulsory yet! I make the diary for the members but have stopped taping for myself, I never get round to watching them. TV sends me to sleep.

Someone (forget who) told me you can now attach a TV to a PC or buy a combo,can't remember which. They were probably winding me up but it would suit me down to the ground, I could watch TV while typing or waiting for the pages to come up on the net.

Goodnight All.

Ann

I think you need a TV Card installed in the computer. Some even come with remotes!

Hopefully one of our computer boffins will help.

In the words of Delia Smith...."Andrew Rowlands, where are you?"

Apparently, Thursdays..Search For The North West Passage, should not be missed. Most reviews give it 5 stars.

Thanks for the input Andy.

John.

Thanks to you all from a very happy TV Diary Secretary.

I have never received as much mail in my life before ooh I have a lovely warm happy feeling.

Night night all.

Ann

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back