• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Re-visit Ft Belvoir (1 Viewer)

dicklynch

Hello,

Quick msg to show some pix from my trip to Belvoir yesterday.

Nice day, bit windy, but temp's in the 50's.

Lots of osprey and one immature bald eagle. Very few water fowl, but lots of gulls.

Did see a disaster ... one of the osprey nests had been blown off its pole. Poor birds looked shook up. This happened about 3 years ago, but later in the season to this same nest. At that time the birds were trying to fledge, but I did not see any on the ground. Several nests were down, but I don't remember how many.

I will try to include a pix of the guys in the nest area top of the pole and the nest on the ground.

Will include a new nest, an osprey and an immature bald eagle riding the winds.

Nejoy your day.

Ciao

Dick

Attachments

• IMGP0444.JPG
    IMGP0444.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMGP0459.JPG
    IMGP0459.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMGP0464.JPG
    IMGP0464.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMGP0479.JPG
    IMGP0479.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMGP0482.JPG
    IMGP0482.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 47
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back