• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkeys 2016 (1 Viewer)

Dom F

As the New Year starts I thought I should start a new thread for my rambles around Yorkeys. Not really birding today as family commitments got in the way but I still managed to get my list off to a reasonable start. The year started with a Papuan Frogmouth calling away in the garden closely followed by a Bush Stone-Curlew. The rest of the day has been busy but I managed a few casual observations, in no particular order....
Green Oriole, Spangled Drongo, Welcome swallow, White-breasted Woodswallow, Mistletoebird, Olive-backed Sunbird, Torresian Imperial Pigeon, cicadabird, magpieplarke, Little Bronze-Cuckoo, Rainbow Lorikeet, Crested tern, Silver Gull, Willie Wagtail and Common Myna.
Rather frustratingly there has been a single Little Curlew about 300m away from the edge of the village and despite looking I can see the puddle of water it is in but not the bird.....

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back