• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Three + days in Panama - early May (1 Viewer)

tbcash80

Hi everyone/anyone

I have three/four days in Panama after a conference in Panama City before I have to head home. Start of May.

Any advice on what to do/where to stay would be gratefully received. Aim is to see as many central American sp as poss - little previous experience.

Many thanks

There is a good "where to watch" available for Panama. I would probably head for the Gamboa area and use most of the time there, with an excursion to the area north of Colon on the Caribbean side on one of the days (this last item might be a little difficult if you don't have your own transportation). In Panama City itself, there is Parque Metropolitano which gives good birds as well, and might be visited if you have an afternoon or morning available during the conference.

An alternative would be to head up to El Valle de Anton, but I think you would overall get more from a visit to Gamboa.

Niels

The Rainforest Discovery Center is about an hours taxi ride north from Panama City. http://www.pipelineroad.org/

It's got a great 40m observation tower so you can view the forest from different levels as well as a hummingbird viewing platform and a good few trails you can walk (take water).

I loved it and would recommend it to anyone - it's the reason i got into birding in the first place.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back