• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brittany in August (1 Viewer)

Can anyone recommend sites in this part of France. I will be holidaying in the centre of Brittany. Last time I visited at this time of year I found it to be a pastoral paradise. I was GOBSMACKED to see Hen Harriers (yes that's plural)in the arable fields around where we were staying, something I wasn't expecting at all. Am especially interested in finding Black Woodpeckers - so any big forests that you know of would be great.

merci

shakesmyteeth said:
Can anyone recommend sites in this part of France. I will be holidaying in the centre of Brittany. Last time I visited at this time of year I found it to be a pastoral paradise. I was GOBSMACKED to see Hen Harriers (yes that's plural)in the arable fields around where we were staying, something I wasn't expecting at all. Am especially interested in finding Black Woodpeckers - so any big forests that you know of would be great.

merci

Hi smt! |;| It seems that you and I have a similar problem. I posted a request for information about birding in Burgundy just after your post and so far have had no feedback. |:(| Maybe there's a dearth of French-based participants on BF. Anyway, since I live in France and with help from my wife who speaks fluent French I should be able to get info on both Brittany and Burgundy from another source. If I find anything on Brittany I'll send it to you if you wish.

Near Vannes - Senne Reserve. Went last August. Cirl Bunting, BW Stilts, Avocets, Savi's & Cetti's Warblers, Roseate Tern, Whiskered Tern and nearby feral flock of Sacred Ibis.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back