• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ferry Stockholm to St Petersburg? (1 Viewer)

jogresh

Bimble and patch
Hi, does anyone know if the ferry from Stockholm to St Petersburg is running? I've done a bit of Googling but i'm not sure if info is up-to-date. The Russian ferry website itself is a bit ambiguous.
Thanks in advance.

Not an answer to your question per se, but the Stockholm-Tallinn ferry certainly is, and there are about five buses a day from Tallinn to St Petersburg (eg Lux Express).

Hi,

it looks like the St Peter line runs 2 times per week Stockholm - St.Petersburg.

Another option is that there seems to be a high speed train service from Helsinki to St.Petersburg, there are many ferries between Stockholm and Helsinki so that might suit your schedule better.

//Björn

Thanx very much Bjorn, very helpful. I'm very tempted by the ferry, the prices seem cheap, tho the website seemed to me to be a bit out-of-date. Not as cheap as some of the other "booze cruise" ferries out of Stockholm however!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back